• A wish..

#7869  by soconjohn
 Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:02 pm
Notre Dame won't win...Must overrated CFB program in America.
 #7870  by soconjohn
 Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:06 pm
Notre Dame is so dumb...Like look at our schedule...Come on, you're the only school that matters in the nation that doesn't play in a conference, and they throw scheduling at somebody...How about join real college football and play in a league...Bunch of condescending idiots.
 #7897  by Davemeister
 Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:09 am
Condescending idiots who are about to get their comeuppances.
 #8010  by fufanatic
 Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:32 pm
soconjohn wrote:
Notre Dame is so dumb...Like look at our schedule...Come on, you're the only school that matters in the nation that doesn't play in a conference, and they throw scheduling at somebody...How about join real college football and play in a league...Bunch of condescending idiots.
Why join a conference? Have own TV deal for every home game, a national brand without a conference, put together the toughest schedule year in and year out, have seat at table because of said schedule, only major program in the country that plays teams from many different conferences. Seems like they have it all figured out to me.
 #8034  by Flagman
 Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:30 pm
Look at what happened to Miami when they joined the ACC. As I recall, as an independent they were pretty good every year (even with the bad boy reputation). Join the ACC, and the quality drops significantly.
fufanatic liked this
 #8792  by gman
 Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:22 am
Flagman wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:30 pm
Look at what happened to Miami when they joined the ACC. As I recall, as an independent they were pretty good every year (even with the bad boy reputation). Join the ACC, and the quality drops significantly.
Their quality dropped when they stopped cheating.
Flagman liked this
 #9412  by apaladin
 Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:00 am
fufanatic wrote:
soconjohn wrote:
Why join a conference? Have own TV deal for every home game, a national brand without a conference, put together the toughest schedule year in and year out, have seat at table because of said schedule, only major program in the country that plays teams from many different conferences. Seems like they have it all figured out to me.
Agree that ND has it made. They don't play a tough schedule though. Remember they play 5 games a year against ACC teams aka All Cupcake Conference and their traditional rivalries are not very good now.
 #9415  by Affirm
 Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:31 am
They also get to play Navy every year, due to having allowed the Navy to use their campus in WWII training. That should be an easy win most years. Of course, not always. The other side of that arrangement is that it is unfair also that Navy gets that high-profile game (and in which Navy has little or no pressure to win) each and every year. ...By the way, Navy, Air Force, and Army each have at least 1 FCS opponent on their 2019 schedule. (Army’s schedule is especially interesting.). MY wish is that we would get a game at each of those 3 in my lifetime, and especially at Army.
 #9423  by fufanatic
 Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:09 pm
apaladin wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:00 am
fufanatic wrote:
soconjohn wrote:
Agree that ND has it made. They don't play a tough schedule though. Remember they play 5 games a year against ACC teams aka All Cupcake Conference and their traditional rivalries are not very good now.
We may just have to agree to disagree on this one ... people that hate ND will always find the negative, and this thread certainly proves it. Hindsight is always 20/20 because a lot of these teams turned out to not be very good, but before the 2018 season started, no team would have been excited about ND's schedule ... vs. Michigan to open the year, vs. Stanford, at Virginia Tech, vs. Florida State, at USC. That on paper is quite a gauntlet. Again, most of those teams had down years, but to run the table is still impressive. It's not easy, which is why only 4 teams did it this year in the regular season.

Next year: at Louisville (who is awful now, but will be a Labor Day night game), at Georgia, vs. USC, at Michigan, vs. Virginia Tech, at Stanford.

2020: vs. Arkansas, vs. Wisconsin at Lambeau, vs. Stanford, vs. Clemson, at USC ... not to mention wildcards like at Georgia Tech, vs. Louisville, at Pitt.

Again, find a more diverse, more coast-to-coast schedule than this, and I'll listen, but I don't see it.
Jasper liked this

Recent Topics

User avatar Preseason '24

by apaladin

Mon Jun 17, 2024 12:47 pm

User avatar 2024 Football Schedule - unofficial

by Flagman

Mon Jun 17, 2024 10:16 am

User avatar 2024 -WORSE THAN I THOUGHT

by FUBeAR

Mon Jun 17, 2024 8:19 am

User avatar PreSeason Poll

by FUBeAR

Mon Jun 17, 2024 6:44 am

User avatar Furman at Mississippi Negative Nancy

by FUTex

Mon Jun 17, 2024 2:35 am

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.