• Samford at Furman , Wed 7 PM

#84397  by apaladin
 Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:57 pm
Must have been a mild case, they were laughing, smiling, dancing, cutting up before the game and the whole tme I never saw one cough, sneeze, nose wipe, blown nose. Must be a flu with no symptoms.
 #84399  by SU DOG
 Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:18 pm
OK, I will tuck my tail between legs and go LOL. Just one other thing, however. Did I hear the announcers correctly say that Dan Scott wasn't present because of some tragedy? If so, would somebody please explain, if it isn't a confidential thing. Thanks, I would much appreciate it - great guy!
 #84400  by MidlandsPaladin
 Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:22 pm
SU DOG wrote:
OK, I will tuck my tail between legs and go LOL. Just one other thing, however. Did I hear the announcers correctly say that Dan Scott wasn't present because of some tragedy? If so, would somebody please explain, if it isn't a confidential thing. Thanks, I would much appreciate it - great guy!
@DanScottShow on Twitter or X or whatever we are supposed to be calling it these days.
 #84401  by Sad Din
 Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:28 pm
SU DOG wrote:
Too sad to post again. Look for Dan Scott in Facebook.He has a post there about it
 #84402  by FurmanATT
 Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:04 pm
apaladin wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2024 12:22 pm
KingPaladin wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2024 11:39 am
FurmanFan23 wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2024 11:02 am
How long is Marshall out and what is he out with?
Not sure what with, but hes been out since the early season and should be back soon
[/quote

All I could find was the injury was undisclosed and out for an extended period.

My understanding is Marshall has/had a torn meniscus. -- MD
 #84403  by FUBeAR
 Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:12 pm
SU DOG wrote:
OK, I will tuck my tail between legs and go LOL.
Good call.

Though our politicians and political parties are obviously able to do it quite effectively, it’s awful hard to defend a completely bogus narrative when the facts lend absolutely no credence to the veracity of the feces being slung at the wall in hopes of some measure of adherence.
 #84405  by apaladin
 Thu Jan 25, 2024 7:49 pm
I don’t have instagram and in case you don’t either, all of CBR’s postgame interviews as well as players interviews are almost instantly available on youtube.
 #84406  by FurmAlum
 Thu Jan 25, 2024 7:58 pm
Update just in. It wasn't the Flu, it was the FU. Symptoms suddenly became apparent when the score reached 76-60.

Regarding SU Dog. Game, Set, and Match to FUBeAR.
FUBeAR liked this
 #84407  by dornb
 Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:42 pm
apaladin wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2024 7:49 pm
I don’t have instagram and in case you don’t either, all of CBR’s postgame interviews as well as players interviews are almost instantly available on youtube.

#84410  by Paul C
 Fri Jan 26, 2024 7:14 am
saltyshaker wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2024 3:26 pm
are we recruiting anybody for 2024?my understanding is that all 12 of our current scholarship players have at least one more year of elgibility left.while hein and foster are both considered seniors i think each has a covid year left if they choose to use it.with a ten man rotation and two current redshirts,doubt there would be much pt available for another player to get pt.so if we did bring in high school player it would most likely be to redshirt.otherwise we might just keep the spot open to see if a portal player might become available.
I believe we have one spot open when Repass left for Anderson U late this summer. Remember, limit now is 13.

I’d also speculate that while everyone CAN come back, not everyone will. No inside knowledge just playing the odds.

So at least one spot available.
 #84411  by Paul C
 Fri Jan 26, 2024 7:19 am
SU DOG wrote:
I’m sure Dan appreciates your thoughts and prayers. And thanks for coming over here into hostile territory for some banter. Samford needs more fans like you.
paladinfan12, FUBeAR, furpop16 and 1 others liked this
 #84413  by cavedweller2
 Fri Jan 26, 2024 9:27 am
If any of them had the flu that is going around and went through my workplace, they would not have been playing basketball. I assure you.
Roundball, QCGlue liked this
 #84414  by FUBeAR
 Fri Jan 26, 2024 9:53 am
cavedweller2 wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 9:27 am
If any of them had the flu that is going around and went through my workplace, they would not have been playing basketball. I assure you.
..but they might be dribbling & shooting … so to speak. Yes?
Last edited by FUBeAR on Fri Jan 26, 2024 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
furpop16 liked this

Recent Topics

User avatar Furman at Mississippi Negative Nancy

by Davemeister

Mon Jun 17, 2024 1:54 pm

Default Avatar Preseason '24

by The Jackal

Mon Jun 17, 2024 1:53 pm

User avatar 2024 Football Schedule - unofficial

by Flagman

Mon Jun 17, 2024 10:16 am

User avatar 2024 -WORSE THAN I THOUGHT

by FUBeAR

Mon Jun 17, 2024 8:19 am

User avatar PreSeason Poll

by FUBeAR

Mon Jun 17, 2024 6:44 am

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.