• Swept

#26063  by apaladin
 Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:20 pm
The Paladins were swept by that powerhouse of baseball Fordham this weekend. Games were not even competitive, out scored 24-7. Fordham entered the weekend with a 2-6 record. In their only other weekend series they were 0-3 against FIU and was out scored 46-9. So far CBH’s strategy of dumbing down the schedule is not going so well.
 #26076  by bigpurple75
 Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:28 am
We obviously are not that good. Could be a long season.
 #26078  by apaladin
 Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:18 am
bigpurple75 wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:28 am
We obviously are not that good. Could be a long season.
Yeppers a very long season.
 #26080  by Flagman
 Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:32 am
Maybe you guys should stop going to baseball games; or at the very least, stop posting here. I would hate to think that any of our players would read any of this. If you have anything constructive to say, write the coach or the AD. I’m sure they would welcome your constructive comments, if you have any.
 #26082  by youwouldno
 Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:47 am
The players need a coach who is up with the times, instead of focusing on being 'old school.'
 #26115  by MetroMizzy
 Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:33 pm
No one said anything negative specifically about a particular player. That would be off limits. Pretty sure the team knows they aren't hitting and they aren't really playing defense either. Pitching is OK and if your pitching is just OK and you can't hit or play defense it doesn't really matter. Reading it here has zero affect on the team. They know.

The schedule is weak compared to past years. The SoCon isn't close to what it was in baseball several years ago since Elon, CofC, App and GASO left. Mercer and Samford are good additions - I get that. There are a lot of winnable games and series on this schedule.

I've met Harker. I like him but I have no idea if he and his staff don't have the right culture or can't develop guys or just can't recruit guys that translate to the next level but something is off.

I do know this for a FACT. And maybe I shouldn't put this out here but IDRGAF last season when things were rough he said some things to the team as a whole that as a leader, a manager, a coach, a CEO you don't say to your team. And what was said will not motivate a team to play for you or come together when things are tough. Maybe those words were not lost on this group of players and maybe they just don't really care or believe in him. That's a real thing in baseball. 35 guys that believe in what they are doing and the coaches behind them can make a HUGE difference in baseball and the opposite can absolutely crush a season and a program. I've been a part of it myself at FU on the positive side, although it was a while back at this point, my teammates are some of the people that are closest to me in my life and we talk about it ALL THE TIME - about how we weren't the most talented, we didn't have the best facilities, we didn't dine after games and instead made our own PB&J's and all that kind of stuff BUT we cared for each other and we cared about winning and that was about it. Oh and we won some games too...

It's a long season, a lot can change...we shall see what happens.

Metro. Out.
fufanatic liked this
 #26116  by Affirm
 Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:47 pm
Flagman wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:32 am
Maybe you guys should stop going to baseball games; or at the very least, stop posting here. I would hate to think that any of our players would read any of this. If you have anything constructive to say, write the coach or the AD. I’m sure they would welcome your constructive comments, if you have any.
You, Flagman, should have the right to your comments. So should the other posters. However, it seems poor to tell them to stop attending games and/or posting. If what they are saying is true, the fact that is is true is at least as bad as saying it (which you say is bad). If you disagree with what they say, perhaps you could state why.
 #26117  by Flagman
 Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:39 pm
I believe I said why.
 #26122  by Affirm
 Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:22 pm
Flagman wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:39 pm
I believe I said why.
That you do not want players reading things indicating that people have serious concerns about their sport/team/program and want it to be better?
 #26128  by Flagman
 Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:04 am
If I was a player, I would wonder why I bust my butt everyday in practice and for games when this is the kind of support I get from my so called “fans”. Remember, the NCAA only allows 11.7 scholarships for baseball and I doubt Furman reaches the limit. These guys are playing for the love of the game and deserve better.
Paladin82 liked this
 #26204  by MetroMizzy
 Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:32 pm
Really?? They have the best facilities of ANY Furman baseball program in history and we're going to go back to the scholarship argument. They and you need to get over it. If they win a little bit more than they lose we'll all shut up.
fufanatic liked this

Recent Topics

User avatar Preseason '24

by apaladin

Mon Jun 17, 2024 12:47 pm

User avatar 2024 Football Schedule - unofficial

by Flagman

Mon Jun 17, 2024 10:16 am

User avatar 2024 -WORSE THAN I THOUGHT

by FUBeAR

Mon Jun 17, 2024 8:19 am

User avatar PreSeason Poll

by FUBeAR

Mon Jun 17, 2024 6:44 am

User avatar Furman at Mississippi Negative Nancy

by FUTex

Mon Jun 17, 2024 2:35 am

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.